- I mentioned Schneier on security theater recently. Via Pavel, I see that Schneier notes that a five-year-old was detained at SeaTac because his name appeared on a no-fly list.
- Male fruit flies, when drunk, become much more likely to court other male fruit flies. Or, Oh God, I was so drunk …
- Health insurance companies are making out like bandits in Washington state.
Here’s a damning RIAA interview, via Gabriel:
When asked why the RIAA is going after an easy target–college students–the response made me cringe: "College students have reached a stage in life when their music habits are crystallized," Duckworth said. "And their appreciation for intellectual property has not yet reached its full development."
- A useful, non-partisan guide to the caucus process in Washington state, via Will and Amy.
- From Charlie Stross, fundies say the darndest things:
- "Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims. Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example… sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we’d all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!"
- "A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire."
- "Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are."
- From the comments on Charlie’s post, a very long set of answers from much more thoughtful people on what they’ve changed their minds about.