For the CookBrite holiday party this evening, we selected recipes from the CookBrite app and cooked them for each other.
We had a lot of good food. I particularly enjoyed making and drinking these milkshakes.
- 1 pint Chocolate Gelato
- 2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1½ cup Buttermilk
- Remove the gelato from the freezer to soften.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Let the chocolate cool.
- In a blender, combine the gelato and buttermilk until thick and creamy.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the melted chocolate into the gelato-buttermilk mixture.
- Divide the milkshakes among individual glasses and serve immediately.
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Adapted from Twenty-Dollar, Twenty-Minute Meals, Caroline Wright