Odds and Ends #9
I sent this letter to the New York Times this morning:
I was struck by the juxtaposition of Anya Kamenetz’s thoughtful column and Maureen Dowd’s puerile nonsense on today’s op-ed page.
Anya Kamenetz’s makes a sensible proposal on empowering ready teenagers by lowering the age thresholds for voting, drinking, credit cards when they demonstrate maturity.
Maureen Dowd continues in her usual rut, going on again about Cheneyesque paranoia, Bill’s legacy, Obambi, and tough dames.
Perhaps Ms. Dowd could take Ms. Kamenetz’s maturity test.
We attended a Super Tuesday party last night. As a PCO, I know a fair bit about the local caucus process, but I was unable to give a good answer about who the super delegates are. What should I find in my email as soon as I got home, but a list of the Washington State super delegates.
- Rep. Rick Larsen (2nd District)
- Rep. Brian Baird (3rd District)
- Rep. Norm Dicks (6th District)
- Rep. Jim McDermott (7th District)
- Gov. Chris Gregoire
Democratic National Committee Members
- Dwight Pelz - WA Democratic Party Chair
- Eileen Macoll - WA Vice Chair
- Ed Cote (email@example.com)
- Sharon Mast (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David McDonald (email@example.com)
Already Endorsed Obama
- Rep. Adam Smith (WA)
- Pat Noter WA DNC Member
Already Endorsed Clinton
- Sen. Maria Cantwell (WA)
- Rep. Jay Inslee (WA)
- Former Speaker Tom Foley (WA)
- Sen. Patty Murray (WA)
- Ron Sims (WA)
Methinks the lady doth protest too much, -or-, please don’t throw me in the briar patch. Conservapedia’s most viewed pages:
- Homosexuality [2,329,656]
- Main Page [2,221,503]
- Teen Homosexuality [409,064]
- Arguments Against Homosexuality [329,586]
- Homosexual Agenda [326,164]
- Ex-homosexuals [314,408]
- Homosexuality and Choice [309,297]
- Homosexuality and Anal Cancer [297,073]
- Homosexuality and Health [290,954]
- Wikipedia [290,439]